Job: Director Workforce Planning & Forecasting
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Management - Project / Program
Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking a talented Director Workforce Planning & Forecasting for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Director of Workforce Planning is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of strategic and operational workforce plans and forecast. This individual is also responsible for driving integration of the Forecasting process across the various businesses, call center scheduling, finance, and staff agencies. This position also directs the development and production of critical HR analytics that reveal industry trends as well as business trends. These analytics are presented to senior management and used to solve business issues and identify positive as well as negative trends.
- Creates fulfillment plans to align call center management, corporate real estate, staffing and training for optimal efficiency.
- Leads the development of workforce plans to address enterprise business needs and align staffing for optimal efficiency.
- Interacts across key enterprise stakeholders to deliver an efficient and effective Forecast Process. Reviews, updates, and improves workforce forecasting methods to provide reliable, consistent forecast and plan data.
- Leads cross functional teams to develop hiring plans to meet the demands of the enterprise.
- Provides guidance in identifying HR trends across the business groups through analytics and provides feedback to Senior Leadership regarding emerging trends or patterns across all groups of the enterprise.
- Reviews, updates, and improves workforce planning and forecasting methods to provide reliable, consistent forecast and plan data.
- Defines methodology and helps set objectives concerning key Board Level metrics. Assists in communicating this metric in concert with EC member's guidance, corporate mission and objectives. Responsible for reporting this metric on board documents in both monthly and year end board packages.
- Performs people management functions including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity, performance evaluation and pay management decisions. Provides professional/technical coaching and guidance to team.
- Establishes RCSA, quality assurance and audit processes that ensure data integrity, accuracy and protection as necessary. Maintains adequate controls and conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with Federal laws, statutes for state/locality, and company policies. Engages with senior management and/or general counsel to obtain approvals when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or HR related field.
- 8+ years relevant Workforce Planning & Forecasting, HR Metrics experience and ability to translate that into financials (personnel, cost of labor).
- 8+ years leadership experience.
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory experience or leading project/teams of equivalent length and complexity.
- Masters degree in Business, Finance or HR related field.
- 10+ years relevant Workforce Planning & Forecasting with demonstrated ability to translate into financials (personnel expenses, cost of labor).
- Minimum 5 years of data reporting, analysis or related function.
- Experience with forecasting cycles and processes within USAA.
- Experienced in a wide variety of data reporting, retrieval, and analysis tools (Cognos, Excel, Access, SAS).
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and peers on matters requiring internal or cross-company coordination.
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively with senior management to create and implement workforce forecast and strategies to achieve company goals.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1476412-1911-9593
Skills / Requirements
Please see job description