Job: IT Project Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Management - Project / Program
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented IT Project Manager for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Participates in the planning, execution and delivery of moderately complex to complex business projects under minimal supervision. Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost. Leads and manages projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes. Identifies and facilitates quick resolution of issues.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root causes and develops work products.
- Defines low to medium risk project plans and aligns to project deliverables.
- Manages budgets on the low to medium range of project budgets. Monitor project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Uses tools and techniques that may include process engineering and software delivery methods to increase overall project success. Seeks creative alternatives to project challenges.
- Facilitates development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources.
- Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value. Reports project status to stakeholders.
- Understands each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit.
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years of equivalent Project Management experience.
- 4+ years of project management methodology and/or advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles.
- At least 1 year with Agile Methodology.
- Experience facilitating teams running under Agile Methodology,
- Familiarity with Rational Team Concert, VersionOne or other story management tool.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Project Management Professional Designation (PMP).
- Familiarity with Artemis and/or a time management / scheduling tool.
- Experience with industry software development methodologies.
- Experience managing development projects with vendor involvement.
- Domain expertise in property and casualty insurance, banking, investments, financial planning, or life insurance / annuities.
- Experience forecasting project spend and schedule based on earned value.
- Experience leading large efforts or teams.
- Formal leadership training.
- Process improvement experience.
- Experience managing diverse and virtual teams.
- Well versed in Microsoft Project.
- MS Office experienced user.
- Familiar with project management scheduling software.
The above descriptions reflecs the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1482745-1911-6593
Skills / Requirements
Please see job dscription