Job: Oracle Sr SW Engineer
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Candidate will develop/maintain databases, user interfaces, code, etc. associated with the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS). The DCPDS system houses HR data associated with Defense Civilian Personnel. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, have an inquisitive attitude, and successfully solve problems. Candidate must have the ability to interact and work collaboratively with a diverse set of users (developers, testers, customers, team leads, management, system users, etc.). Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical knowledge/expertise to support the requirements definition and design of system components/subsystems utilizing the Oracle E-Business Suite and/or HR modules;
• Research, design, develop, and modify the DCPDS enterprise-wide software to implement changes/enhancements to the system;
• Evaluate the hardware/software interfaces/processing and analyze the impact of designs/implementations to the overall system;
• Plan the deployment of system upgrades/updates, software patches/releases, and configuration changes;
• Consider configuration management, security, quality control in designs/implementations;
• Resolve requests for assistance in troubleshooting issues assigned to the development team;
• Support functional/regression testing activities in support of system functionality releases, patches and upgrades;
• Document, track, and update System Change Requests and Problem Reports;
• Perform data collection/analysis, report results, and formulate recommendations;
• Provide feedback/status/etc. to the customer as needed/required; ∙ Analyze process improvement areas/recommend changes to processes/procedures for efficiencies/cost-savings/etc.;
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a position of public trust
Skills / Requirements
• Oracle EBS (E-Business Suite);
• Experience with underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture
• Experience with Oracle database and development tools (PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Forms, Reports, JDeveloper, Java, Framework, and JSP)
• Knowledge and experience with COTS integration / COTS lifecycle / COTS maintenance
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (e.g. PVCS)
• Ability to learn/understand the system architecture of the system and the data flow through the system
• SQL skills
• Intermediate UNIX skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong teamwork, problem solving and customer interaction skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with MS Office products
Desired Practical Experience and Knowledge:
• HP Quality Center
• Experience with Business Objects user interface (e.g. Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports) and features (e.g. save, schedule, export), including the ability to build ad-hoc queries
• Related domain knowledge (human resources)
• Knowledge and experience with distributed systems, data warehousing, web application servers, Enterprise Service Bus (EBS), Business Intelligence (BI), Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) , Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
• Experience with web services (WSDSL/SOAP/XML)
• Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems and distributed system concepts
• Understanding of data modeling and data warehousing methodologies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 14 years of professional experience (can substitute Master’s Degree and 12 years of professional experience)
Diligent is always in search of cutting-edge professionals who believe in a commitment to excellence and integrity.
Diligent is a family-oriented culture serving over 120 employees in 12 different market areas with a comprehensive benefit program for all full-time employees. We attract motivated and talented people who enjoy being part of a close-knit team.
To learn more, please go to www.diligent-us.com or jobs.diligent-us.com.
Diligent Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.