Job: P&C Test Engineer
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: IT - Computer Services & Support
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented P&C Test Engineer for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of the business, its products, and processes. Learns to provide basic automated testing solutions for IT projects or operational support by utilizing the USAA test automation framework or other automation methods. Gains an understanding of technical testing solutions to support appropriate efficiencies and cost savings. Learns to provide automated production validation support. Works under direct supervision and performs routine work assignments and problem resolution to support other team members.
- Basic understanding of the test automation framework and developing automated test assets, reviewing test automation assets and interpreting results.
- Partners with other team members to debug automated test assets.
- Participate in basic technical initiatives around automated testing to include technical automation of team activities.
- Occasionally interact with Software Quality Analysts in the organization to ensure proper automation assets are being developed and utilized.
- Adheres to the processes defined in the department regarding test automation.
- Basic understanding of security vulnerability and compliance testing/scanning.
- Bachelors degree or 6+ years equivalent work experience.
- Up to 2 years IT business support experience.
- Data Warehouse knowledge / experience.
- SDLC Testing knowledge / experience.
- Mainframe knowledge (i.e. JCL, REXX, COBOL).
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty products and systems.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1496397-1911-8293
Skills / Requirements
Please see job description