Job: Reimbursement Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at United Allergy Services
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance
Oversees client billing and reimbursement needs, provides training to clients on specialized billing requirements and acts as a liaison for marketing, operations, and accounting.
1. Responsible to instill company values: respect, integrity, safety, expertise, unity and positive energy in the day-to-day operations to create a professional and productive workplace
2. Maintains a working knowledge of the requirements of payors. Maintains responsibility and accountability for the communication of information required by the payor for allergy testing and immunotherapy services
3. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all information obtained while participating in research of reimbursement for the client
4. Analyzes information to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate
5. Reviews monthly outstanding claims reports with clients; targeting denied and claims not on file
6. Maintain open communication with internal and external customers; identify and pro-actively resolve claims issues
7. Work collaboratively with accounting regarding invoice entry corrections
8. Report and document abnormal claim filing occurrences and provider office trends per department protocol
9. Provides reimbursement in-service on medical billing protocols to clients
10. Operate various automated data systems
11. Provide coverage for all essential functions of Reimbursement Departmental activities (data entry, reimbursement analysis, and batch auditing)
12. Completes delegated tasks as assigned
13. Maintain appropriate records for area(s) of responsibility
14. Maintain company confidentiality
15. Attend all regular staff meetings
16. Participate in continuing educational programs to maintain current on area of specialty
17. Must be able to work overtime when needed
Skills / Requirements
This position requires a Bachlors degree.
Training in medical billing and management is preferred.
Managed care contracting experience is preferred.