ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ABM Industries Inc
An ABM Janitorial Services Branch Manager is responsible for the growth, operational and financial success of his/her branch. They must lead a diverse team, engage in regular client interaction, develop internal and external relationships, deliver financial goals, manage and forecast an accurate budget, manage vendors, interface with senior leadership and work to continuously develop operational team members.
- A passion for serving others and helping others to succeed.
- Excellent personal organization skills.
- Excellent follow-up and an eye for detail.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent client requests on evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Technical savvy and ability to use MS Office Suite, Smart Phones, Internet and other job related applications.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Business savvy and financial accountability.
- Strong moral integrity.
- Maintain constant communication with clients to ensure consistent and satisfactory service.
- Entertain clients and prospective clients.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve complaints.
- Ensure quality services are provided in accordance with account requirements.
- Visit client accounts and establish customer inspection and visitation schedules.
- Maintain effective and robust quality assurance programs.
- Identify and correct problems pertaining to productivity and efficiency.
Employee Relations and Supervision:
- Create a team-oriented environment where employees can learn and succeed.
- Create positive employee morale within your branch.
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills.
- Ensure branch employees understand their responsibilities and are properly trained.
- Regularly review employee performance and address performance issues.
- Provide support and leadership in special projects/initiatives, as directed by regional, division or corporate-level management.
- Ensure that all audits, including financial, HR, Safety and Risk Management audits, achieve satisfactory results. Investigate and correct issues identified in audits.
- Understand applicable union contracts and develop effective working relationship with local labor unions.
Sales and Marketing:
- Meet branch sales objectives by partnering with sales team in efforts to develop new business and other opportunities.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients and become the face of the organization in the local marketplace.
- Establish business relationship with potential customers.
- Understand customer requirements and offer ABM services to meet their needs.
- Oversee new account bidding process and maintain all customer contact specifications.
- Promote the development of Tag or Casual sales to increase branch profitability.
- Develop a branch business plan which defines how the branch will achieve its operational and financial goals and addresses planned marketing, sales and prospecting activities. Monitor progress toward branch business objectives.
- Participate in local trade organizations to promote ABM Janitorial Services.
- Working with Staff Accountants:
- Responsible for all financial aspects of branch operations, including budgeting, labor review, billing, receivables and payables.
- Responsible for completion of annual budget.
- Responsible for keeping revenue and costs within this budget.
- Must be able to forecast future performance against annual budget.
- Ensure accurate billing and assist in the collection of overdue accounts.
- Ability to understand profit and loss statements.
- Control labor expenses. Direct the purchasing and inventory management of supplies.
Minimum Requirements *
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of the service industry trends, practices, and process.
- Prior management or supervisor experience in the facilities field.
- Solid accounting and business acumen.
- Responsible for the operational and financial success of an ABM branch and Districts as assigned.
- Is accountable for meeting financial objectives by controlling expenses, expanding billable services to current customers and attracting new customers.