Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialty Surgery Center of San Antonio-Center Administrator
at Amsurg Corp.
Specialty Surgery Center of San Antonio is a freestanding outpatient surgical facility. Our surgeons specialize in ophthalmology. We believe in compassionate medicine, where our focus is on each individual patient. Our experienced surgeons have dedicated themselves to caring for patients within the surrounding communities.
We are currently searching for a Center Administrator with Ambulatory Surgery Center experience.
At the authority and guidance from the governing board; the Administrator is responsible for the overall operations of the facility including daily administration and leadership. This includes planning, organizing, and directing of the center according to its policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives. The Administrator participates in financial and cost-containment decisions, and ensures that the center meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations. The Administrator serves as internal risk manager and is responsible for management of all aspects of the environment of care, personnel, materials/equipment, education of personnel, and administrative duties. Coordinates and directs patient care in the center according to adopted policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and accepted accreditation standards. The Administrator promotes a favorable image of the center to physicians, staff, patients, insurance companies, and the general public, and may delegate duties as he or she deems necessary.
- Participate in clinical staffing and patient-care as needed, to lead, observe, build a cohesive team and to maintain clinical skills.
- Responsible for overall patient engagement and experience including results of surveys.
- Daily operation of the facility to achieve quality of care and financial success
- Serves as liaison between the Governing Board, the medical staff and the management company
- Ensure compliance with the center’s policies and procedures
- Develop, monitor and control the staffing needs, operations budget and capital budget
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting body
- Personnel management to include performance reviews and disciplinary action
- Monitor financial performance of the facility
- Provides direction on staff efficiency based on volume
- With the management team, oversee all departments including nursing, sterile processing, materials management and business office
- Identify new service lines appropriate for ambulatory surgery centers
- Identify and correct quality of care issues
- Serve as a member of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee
- Collaborate with the Medical Director in review of practitioners applying for privileges
- Oversee credentialing per Medical Staff Bylaws
- Comprehensive knowledge of surgery business operations
- Working knowledge of standard accounting principles and budget development
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability for self-direction and initiative
- Excellent communication skills that include writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Registered Nurse with a Business Background Preferred
- Three to Five years of surgery center management experience
- CASC Certification preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans