Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AFMAAT - Cyber Vulnerability Analyst - Lackland AFB
at Apogee Engineering
- 20-Nov-2018 to 19-Jan-2019 (MST)
- Air Force
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Cyber Vulnerability Analyst located at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas. Using the DoD and AF Mission Assurance criteria, the Cyber Vulnerability Analyst conducts communications vulnerability assessments of computer networks, telecommunications, Industrial Control Systems, radio, wireless and other communication systems that directly support the Mission Assurance and Defense Critical Infrastructure Programs on DoD installations and other agencies.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations such as the DOD, DHS, NASA, DOI, and the DOT. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
- Conducting vulnerability assessments of computer networks, telecommunications, Industrial Control systems, and all communication systems that directly support the Mission on DoD installations.
- Evaluating and making recommendations for DoD facilities worldwide on achievable ways to enhance communications networks and/or systems to ensure that local distribution networks and supporting off-site commercial facilities have the capacity, survivability, reliability, and security to support the installation's primary mission.
- Identifying threats/hazards that could impact the mission's communications architecture and using this data to assess the vulnerability and risk to these assets.
- Preparing Assessment Team Reports based upon vulnerabilities observed during the base Mission Assurance assessments.
- Conducting analysis in support of Mission Assurance Assessments, Weapon System Security Deviations and Protection Level Deviations.
- Performing single-point critical node analysis of an installation's telecommunications, and computer networks including support infrastructure (power, ventilation, fuel, fire protection, etc.)
- BS degree in IT, computer science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience as a network administrator, IT manager/consultant, conducting threat assessments and analysis on government networks which includes an understanding of methodologies for vulnerability scans Knowledge of Information Assurance levels associated with DoD IT Systems, experience, knowledge, and training in DoD cybersecurity policies -- DoD 8510.01 (DIACAP), DoD 8500 series (Information Assurance/Cybersecurity), and CNSSI 1253, a thorough understanding of the DoD Grid, familiarity of Mission Assurance pillars from DoD and Air Force publications, tactical, operational, and strategic understanding of the application of the RMO process as outlined in AFI-31-101, Integrated Defense and DoD MAA CONOP, and MA Strategy Implementation Framework, and a proven understanding of the Joint Risk Decision Support Tool/ ForcePRO automated tool for RMP
- Active Secret Clearance
- Minimum IAT Level II certification
- Domestic and International travel up to 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran, Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran, All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status