Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aviat Networks
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re results oriented, customer centric, and an innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun! Come join us as we bring communications to the world.
We currently have an immediate need for a Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer working under the direct supervision of a Program Manager is responsible for producing field installation/cut-over specifications of complex microwave, IP/MPLS, multiplex and Network management systems, from proposals/sales and customer requirements information, including Procurement and delivery of field OEM hardware and management of subcontractors.
· As the Project Technical Owner will analyze projects to ensure that the concept and interface amongst company, vendor and customer-supplied equipment will result in an overall system which performs to customer specifications.
· Selects and ensures the acquisition and delivery of required vendor items including but not limited to antenna systems, towers, battery plants, charger systems, control panels, generators, routers, installation hardware, etc. and issues purchase requisitions for contract labor Managers.
· Generates field installation/cut-over specifications, procures in-house installation hardware and equipment to support field installation/test/cut-over schedules.
· Selects and manages sub-contractors and warehouses, and plans project logistics.
· Coordinates and manages technical delivery of project(s), including Acceptance Testing.
· Interfaces with customer engineering staff on scheduled basis to discuss progress and/or changes, including on-site meetings with customers to give and obtain sales order/proposal information in detailing system/site specifications.
· Constantly reviews all facets of Project Engineering scopes of work and proposed hours.
· Participates in negotiation and selection of sub-contractors for road construction, site clearance, fencing, etc.
· Provides training and guidance to junior Project Engineers, works on process improvement initiatives and supports efforts for continued standards compliance.
· Conducts site surveys, designs and develops layouts/schematics for floor plans, transmission lines, site locations, interface wiring, and associated site work, during proposal and post-sale phases.
· BS EE or equivalent college degree/industry experience preferred
· 5-10 years of technical/field and project engineering experience, with customer interface, in the microwave telecommunications industry.
· Diversified technical and practical knowledge of microwave telecommunications systems.
· Excellent analytical and communications skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the company, utilizing good management and computer skills.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to learn more!