Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Aircraft Mechanic (Senior)
Company:Boeing Aerospace Operations
Location:USA - San Antonio, TX
Job Description Summary:A person in this position does the following; maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to DOD random drug and alcohol testing
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program for 747-8 modifications in San Antonio, Texas. Candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform end-of-runway, post-flight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections.
• Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
• Interprets maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
• Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment.
• Removes and installs aircraft components.
• Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems.
• Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems.
• Performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations.
• Performs aircraft and component operational checks.
• Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation.
• Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair.
• Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
• Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.
• Technician will be required to assemble, disassemble, and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes in accordance with engineering drawings, technical publication, and retrofit drawings.
• Maintain, repair and modify aircraft and components of high difficulty.
• Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
• Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve complex problems
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain certifications required for assigned work.
• Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
• Assists lower level Mechanics.
• Perform all duties of lower level Mechanic classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
• Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires more than 7 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
• Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum of six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience Level:Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.