Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Aircraft Mechanic (Senior)
Company:Boeing Aerospace Operations
Location:USA - San Antonio, TX
Job Description Summary:A person in this position does the following; maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program, modifying a 747-8 aircraft in San Antonio, TX. If selected, candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires more than 7 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
• If applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
• Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft electrical systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
• Experience with Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum on ten (10) years’ experience is preferred
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• This candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
Experience Level:Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.