Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Research Nurse (RN I)
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
CAMRIS International is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Nurse (RN I) to support the Air Force Medical Service Enterprise-Wide Technical Clinical Research Team (TCRT) I 59th Medical Wing (59 MDW) at the Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
- Manages all areas of clinical studies, including protocol development, regulatory submissions, and data management, specifically preparing protocol submissions, informed consent forms, annual reports, and study amendments for appropriate IRBs of record and provide documentation submissions in accordance with federal and local regulations.
- Manages patients on clinical studies/trials per research protocol, collects and reports adverse events, participates in weekly team meetings, and works with study team to open new clinical studies/trials.
- Educates staff and patients on assigned study protocols/clinical trials.
- Maintain all clinical research documentation to support on going and future studies in support of the principal investigator and the project staff.
- Responsible for patient evaluations, communications to pharmaceutical sponsors regarding status of enrolled patients, and study data collection results to investigator as applicable (critical lab results, etc.).
- Instructs and counsels patients in research procedures, to include administration, monitoring, recording and analyzing data.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local regulations.
- Provides general supervision related to the conduct of all research protocols and reports back to the Principal Investigator(s).
- Develops and maintains study source documents and Case Report Forms, prepares study timelines, and when necessary, reports adverse events to the appropriate Government PI.
- Supports government executive director(s) in the planning, evaluation, implementation, and documentation of scientific research utilizing specimens for clinical projects.
- Coordinates clinical experiment scheduling and collection of data; work with clinical research coordinators; recruits and enrolls clinical study participants; provides ethical oversight in support of the clinical study.
- Documents results of study participants in accordance with protocols; schedules and coordinates research resources; gathers, compiles, organizes, analyzes and reports research information and study results.
- Sets up and assigns protocol procedures and preclinical (bench or animal) experiments; monitors budget plans and management; researches and prepares equipment and supplies in accordance with institutional procedures.
- May require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Active and unencumbered Registered Nursing (RN) License issued by the state of Texas.
- Associate degree in Nursing (ADN); Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years clinical/acute care experience.
- Recent 3-5+ years’ clinical research experience and research design.
- Preferred candidate will hold a current certification, such as Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC).
- Must successfully complete CITI training and remain current.