Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Coordinator/ MDS Nurse (RN/LVN Required)
The overall purpose of the Patient Care Coordinator/MDS Nurse position is to ensure appropriate reimbursement of Medicare and/or Medicaid Patients through the Patient Assessment Instrument (RAI) process. Assists in the management of quality Patient care on a continuing basis in accordance with federal and state standards and as may be directed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
“Surround Yourself with Family”
Cantex Continuing Care Network represents a unified, seamless pathway of compassionate care and medical excellence, aimed at complete recovery beginning the moment a patient is released from the hospital. From Nursing Services, Rehabilitative Services to Ancillary Services, we’re looking for a dynamic and experienced talent committed to providing outstanding healthcare services.
Our Mission is to provide excellent outcomes and value across the full spectrum of continuing care services. All centered on the patient, our integrated network of healthcare services includes transitional care, rehabilitation, chronic care, home health services, hospice and pharmacy. Located in the Greater Dallas Community, Houston and throughout the state of Texas, we have nearly 30 locations to date.
We couldn’t achieve our Mission without the dedication and compassion of our staff. In order to attract and retain outstanding talent, we provide competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
If you thrive on medical excellence and quality care, join Centex’s’ Talent Network to learn about our current opportunities across Eastern Texas.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- A current, valid Texas nursing license is required (RN, LVN)
- At least 2 years of LTC experience preferred.
- Must have an “Acknowledgement of Completion Certificate” through the HHSC RUG Online Training for Nursing Facilities.
- Must complete the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) RAI Certification within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, direct, and at times, delegate tasks.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, nursing/Patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department heads, customers, (Patients, family members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
- Maintains compliance with all State and Federal Medicaid and/or Medicare rules, regulations and published interpretations.
- Participates in the assessment of pre-admission paper work to ensure Patient meets qualifying medical necessity determination.
- Attends “standup” meetings every weekday morning.
- Coordinates the Weekly Reimbursement Meeting with the Interdisciplinary Team Members to ensure proper Medicare and/or Medicaid reimbursement to match care delivery.
- Audit the Clinical Record to ensure appropriate documentation for actual care delivery. Educates and trains staff on documentation guidelines.
- Obtains Medicare qualifying diagnosis (es) on Medicare Part A Patients and updates diagnosis for each change in diagnosis.
- Initiates and updates the physician certifications for each Medicare Part A Patient.
- Completes all Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments within the allotted time frame for each Medicare and/or Medicaid Patient.
- Reviews the 24-hour Nursing report to capture possible change in condition of a Patient.
- Prepares for all Medicaid audits.
- Tracks Patient benefit days, validates daily census and coordinates information with Financial Manager to ensure accurate billing.
If this is something that interests you, please submit your resume or feel free to apply in person where you will be able to speak with someone from our Management Team.
2739 Babcock Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Telephone # 210-616-3250
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.