Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Dean, Student Learning
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
This role is responsible for the direct management of the Center for Academic Success (CAS) and the SIMCARE Center. The Associate Dean provides leadership to ensure effective collaboration to achieve positive student outcomes.
- Works with Academics to ensure all areas of the Student Experience align with curricula to obtain the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with the Simulation Operations Specialists to ensure the labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding level and type of equipment.
- Prepares capital requests for the CAS and SIMCARE Center as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitors their performance
- Develops and Implements appropriate CAS programs and monitors student success.
- Monitors effectiveness of CAS and SIMCARE Center and implements action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Works with national library staff to ensure holdings support curriculum; all holdings are reviewed and vetted through national library committee.
- Responsible for ensuring theory, clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs
- This position may be required to carry a small course load.
- Writes quarterly and annual reports detailing the challenges and accomplishments of the CAS and SIMCARE Center and provides recommendations for addressing any deficit areas.
- Analyzes student academic data and makes recommendations
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- MSN required; doctorate preferred
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a leadership role within an academic environment
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Three to Five years’ strong clinical experience in acute patient care and/or medical-surgical nursing and/or emergency or trauma condition as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Experienced with database administration – MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working within a matrix management system.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States