DS Services of America, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DS Services of America, Inc
Job TitleFacility Technician-Warehouse
Overview of the Facility Technician-Warehouse
Responsible to maintain the warehouse in a clean and organized fashion, with an appropriate inventory of tools, parts, equipment and cleaning supplies as required by the field personnel assigned to the warehouse facility. In addition, they may service and maintain equipment in a warehouse facility including, but not limited to, water vending machines, parts and equipment inventory, general maintenance materials and facility. This person will also be responsible for shipping and receiving.
- Organizes and maintains the inventory of purchases including all tools, machine parts, vehicle parts, water vending machines, equipment, and cleaning supplies.
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of materials distributed or checked out to field personnel and reports inventory to Director of Field Operations.
- Performs shipping and receiving duties.
- Services and maintains water vending machines transported to and/or stored in warehouse to ensure operational machines are available for immediate installation. Duties include interior and exterior cleaning and sanitizing of machines; performing quality assurance checks on the water; and checking plumbing, mechanical and electrical connections.
- Ensures that collections are counted, uploaded to Corporate Headquarters, transported and deposited as instructed on a timely, accurate and safe manner.
- Services reparable supplies and/or equipment for reentry into inventory system. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, refurbishing carbon tanks and cleaning reverse osmosis membranes.
- May be required to operate a company-provided vehicle to shuttle collections and/or parts from one facility to another in a safe manner, observing all security measures established by Primo regarding the operation of company vehicles. Required to keep vehicle clean at all times and report any malfunction promptly for repair.
- May be required to work overtime as necessary, and such time will be scheduled as far in advance as possible.
- May be assigned other projects, duties or tasks as required.
- Keep the reason we do what we do at the forefront of what you do every day.
- Previous experience in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Understanding of plumbing (water flow, pipes, valves, etc.) and electrical mechanical devices (i.e., motors, switches, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to read and write and follow verbal and written instructions, including the use of a procedure manual.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or equivalent experience of (3) three to (5) five years with a stable work history.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license with a clean and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT Card.
- Basic proficiency with math skills and diagnostic tools including hand held devices.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and periodically lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assisting devices.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.