Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Subcontracts Manager
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- Supply Chain
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Program Subcontracts Manager
Program Subcontract Manager will be responsible for all subcontract management related activities throughout the program phases including: identifying sources of supply, solicitation development, subcontract formulation and execution, and post award management. The Program Subcontract Manager will also be responsible for developing & writing contract language for subcontracts and purchase orders which meet program specific requirements.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead and mentor less experienced Supply Chain personnel through terms and condition negotiations and requirements definition as required.
- Analyze procurement data and select subcontractors to provide requested items, assuring their ability to comply with specified requirements defined by the Program, including engineering, quality control, customers, government agencies and the company. Provide blueprints, drawings, layouts, SOWs or other specifications for specialized materials and services.
- Prepare request for proposals, solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposals and evaluate responses based on pricing and capability to perform the required scope of work in accordance with company policies and procedures, FAR/DFARS regulations and IAW Customer requirements flowed via SSOW, PWS etc..
- Proposal evaluations to ensure TINA Compliance IAW FAR/DFARS regulations and IAW Customer requirements flowed via SSOW, PWS etc.
- Review and or establish subcontractor terms and conditions that are in compliance with ESA and or Customer terms and conditions.
- Negotiate subcontracts with subcontractors for optimum price, schedule and quality performance in accordance with company policies and procedures and FAR/DFARS regulations.
- Management of subcontractor’s risk, cost, quality, and delivery performance. Monitor subcontractors’ performance through progress reports such as IMS, EVMS and WBS, and on-site visits.
- Assist in development and negotiation of supplier pricing and terms agreements to reduce Buyer touch
- Develop and direct negotiation strategy for subcontracts and provide any additions, deletions, or modifications necessary to produce specified product, taking into account legal implications affecting the company.
- Interface with support groups to ensure subcontractor questions and or issues are resolved, enabling the subcontractor to adhere to overall requirements and schedules. Coordination of overall activities of Subcontractors is paramount to ensure priority of activities and scheduled events are completed.
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of Program reviews and briefings to internal Management and external customers.
- Site subcontracts/major vendors (At least 4 major vendors and 10 subcontracts)
- BD proposal efforts (obtaining quotes/proposal and working with legal to establish exclusivity/license agreements)
- Assist in training less experienced buyers (specifically in negotiations and terms & conditions)
- Other duties as assigned
- Negotiate and award Subcontracts committing Company funds in support of Business Programs per signature authority guidelines.
- Identify potential sources for material acquisition.
- Audit and recommend approval of supplier processes.
Outside Business Relationships:
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred)
Master's preferred (ten plus years of experience may substitute).
Bachelor's required (ten years of experience may substitute).
Functional (Using Skill Set) - five to seven years experience.
Industry - five to seven years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong knowledge of contracting suppliers for building of products IAW SOWs and Specifications
- Strong knowledge of Terms and Conditions and how to reduce risk.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (Oracle Preferred) with respect to Purchasing, Planning, and Inventory Management
- Quality assurance systems and methods
- Strong communication skill both verbal and electronic
- Aware of technical aspects associated with the production of the goods to be produced
- Strong program/project management experience
- FAR/DFARS – strong working knowledge
- Aerospace, Defense or similar industry
- Knowledge of FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts
Elbit Systems of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities