Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer Manager
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Project Engineering Manager (PEM) is responsible for the planning and tactical execution of the engineering content of an assigned project. The PEM plans, schedules, and manages the Engineering content on projects for new product development, sustaining and upgrade projects for existing products. New product development includes projects that are solely designed in-house as well as those that are co-developed using other Elbit Systems companies or external suppliers and contractors. The PEM is the liaison between the Business Unit Program Manager and the engineering community assigned to the project. The PEM is responsible for performing the management activity in accordance with standard practices and policies. Manages projects of moderate dollar value.
- Develop and maintain project plans on assigned Engineering level projects in new product development or sustaining of existing projects
- Determine the applicable resources required to complete a specific task in a project plan including internal and external resources at either a supplier/contractor or another Elbit company; establish timelines, budgets/estimates and secure support/buy-in from functional and senior management
- Lead teams and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst the functional representatives; develop cross functional teams to assure proper engineering discipline representation on a task
- Identify and escalate team issues to appropriate management.
- Calculate the completion percentage on a specific task in a project plan to determine if the task is on time
- Identify roadblocks and bottlenecks to project execution and determine a course of action to eliminate or avoid them; develop and implement recovery plans for off schedule and unanticipated events
- Communicate with the Engineering resources to ensure that specific tasks assigned to them are progressing at the required completion rate
- Escalate engineering issues to the appropriate level of management for which the engineering team can not reach consensus.
- Maintain action item lists
- Conduct project reviews as required; present detailed plan status to senior management as required
- Is responsible for representing project execution issues in stakeholder or customer discussions.
- Must be a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Must have demonstrated ability to negotiate with individuals, functions, senior management and suppliers
- Need to be skilled to motivate and facilitate individuals and teams
- Need to be a strong problem solver, able to differentiate the important from the urgent and prioritize activities
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership at a Program level
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related Program Management experience to be proficient in the above areas or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a working knowledge of engineering processes related to Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project and associated applications is needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) exposure or certification a plus
- Requirements Management Tools (DOORs or relational data bases)