Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant- CPA- Ensign Services in San Antonio, TX
at Ensign Services
Accountant - Ensign Services in San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, Texas
Ensign Services is presently seeking a talented and energetic Accountant for our Service Center in San Antonio, Texas. This candidate will play a key role in our growing company, as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding heath care services client base across the United States. Qualified candidates must have a Master’s degree in accounting and pursuing their CPA License in Texas. This Accountant will have a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process and analysis for numerous locations. They will also have opportunity to grow and impact change.
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most dynamic company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving 215+ long-term care facilities, 40 home health and hospice agencies, with over 25,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The GL Accountant position is based in our Service Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Responsibilities of this key position include:
- Be an integral part of the development of the service model for the Service Center.
- Participate as a team member to be a local expert for our partners in Operations.
- Provides status of financial conditions by collecting interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Directly impact and develop measures and metrics for our Field Leadership.
- Interact and engage Facility Executive Directors with financial performance.
- Attend field leadership meetings to develop Field Leadership’s understanding of Financial close process.
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties.
- Self-motivated to seize growth opportunities without direct supervision or over sight.
- Monitors and works to improve processes for close.
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of 10-12 locations.
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close.
- Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with facilities to ensure completeness.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or Pursuing CPA License in Texas
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work and prioritize under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employee’s needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees' efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employees' professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
The location for this position is:
Parklane West Healthcare Center
2 Towers Park Lane
San Antonio, TX 78209-6410
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.