Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Manager - AEC
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Business Development
- Job ID
At Esri, our Sales Managers provide leadership to highly-skilled teams that promote and sell the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your proven sales and management success to meet or exceed sector goals for revenue growth within Esri’s Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) team. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who can ensure their staff is aligned and focused on sales objectives. You’ll lead a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.
- Empower your team. Direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the sales process. Provide clear direction and regular feedback. Conduct consistent one-on-one pipeline reviews with all account managers/executives to build effective communication and improve sales and activity performance. Understand the training and development needs of your staff.
- Be a strategic leader. Leverage CRM analytics to execute industry business and sales plans. Form a collaborative virtual team of solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support the business plan and sales strategy for the AEC industry. Model business ethics and best practices for your team.
- Drive revenue. Attain sales goals and growth by establishing sales objectives, creating revenue forecasts, and developing an annual business plan. Prioritize accounts and establish meaningful sales strategies for individual account portfolios.
- Understand our customers. Recognize user requirements, criticisms, ideas, and new opportunities and share them across teams and cross-functional units. Take an active role in industry events including keynotes and crucial customer engagements.
- 10+ years’ experience managing and coaching a sales or consulting team
- Proven experience growing a productive enterprise sales team
- Proven ability to win projects utilizing business development techniques
- Understanding of GIS and the ArcGIS platform
- Solid knowledge of the AEC industry, new technology trends, and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Willingness to travel and work in a global environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in business administration, business management, GIS, or a related field (MBA preferred), or equivalent work experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.