Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Frost Bank
Current Frost employees must apply using the Careers application in Workday (not thru this site)
Frost Bank is seeking a Corporate Counsel with strong professional credentials that include a minimum of 10 years of transactional experience at a major law firm or with an in-house legal department. As a Corporate Counsel with Frost Bank, you will be responsible for providing transactional legal services to Frost Bank, including commercial and consumer lending, commercial real estate transactions, general contract review, and other general corporate legal needs.
Responsibilities for this position will include applying advanced legal knowledge to mitigate legal, compliance, and other regulatory risk and analyzing the application of laws and regulations and providing succinct legal advice and counsel to various departments of the Bank (including management at all levels) in response to a variety of lending issues and inquiries pertaining to commercial and consumer lending transactions, equipment lease financing, depository matters, general corporate law (entity formation and authorizations), and compliance and regulatory matters. The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for reviewing and/or drafting loan documents and collateral documents relative to construction, real estate, and asset-based loan transactions and ancillary loan documents (e.g., collateral subordinations, lienholder subordinations, SNDAs, and intercreditor agreements); conducting due diligence (research, obtain, compile, prepare, produce, and/or review documents, data, and governmental regulations), including title and survey review and/or analysis of UCC searches; handling and managing routine to moderately complex negotiations, drafting, and document creation, including commercial and consumer loan documentation, commercial real estate documentation, and other commercial contracts, including confidentiality agreements, leases, and vendor contracts; assisting other attorneys within the Frost Bank Legal Department with research and the gathering of factual information and drafting Memoranda regarding various legal topics, processes, and procedures; engaging and working with other members of the Frost Bank Legal Department, outside counsel, and contract professionals to complete assignments; maintaining client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential; updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations; and enhancing the reputation of the Frost Bank Legal Department and Frost Bank by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and license to practice law in Texas (or another U.S. state with ability to practice in-house in Texas)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a transactional attorney at a major law firm or an in-house legal department
- Knowledge of Texas banking laws and regulations and experience working with banks or financial institutions
- Familiarity with consumer lending transactions, commercial lending transactions and documentation, capital markets-related transactions, and special assets workout matters
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Strong sense of discretion, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working with the Texas Department of Banking, Federal Reserve, OCC, and/or FDIC
- General knowledge of Bank Holding Company Act, Dodd-Frank Act, Fair Credit Reporting & FACT Act, as well as Regulations B, C, and Z
- Experience working with risk management and compliance functions and topics
- Intellectual property experience is not required but would be a positive
Our Most Important Relationship
Frost’s commitment to cultivate long-term relationships is one of the reasons we’re recognized as a premier employer in the financial services industry. To attract qualified professionals, we offer an environment that’s supportive of both your professional and personal goals by providing our employees with competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package.
Frost was named to Forbes magazine's list of the Best Employers.
Frost is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected trait, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or veteran status.