Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate - Electronics Store Sales (1695)
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
In 1945 Goodwill San Antonio’s founding purpose was to fight poverty and create opportunity for adults and youth in our community who were underserved by access to education and employment. Our founding purpose "Fighting Poverty and Creating Opportunity" endures today and now drives our mission of "Helping Changing Lives Through the Power of Work" in a new era of 21st century skills.
Goodwill San Antonio is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in San Antonio, employing more than 1,500 individuals who passionately serve our mission. We live out our purpose by providing our employees and others with the tools to succeed in their personal and professional lives and opportunity for upward economic mobility through education and employment programs. We are able to offer these programs and services through our mission-driven business operations with retail stores and contracts with local businesses to augment their operations.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Working Here Helps Changes Lives. Join the GoodwillSA team and Apply Today: WorkforGoodSA.org.
The Goodwill Electronics Store Sales Associate is responsible for selling computers and other electronics to walk-in customers. With a focus on providing an excellent customer experience, the Electronics Sales Associate establishes relationships with customers, helps them find the product they want, operates the cash register, enters transaction data including customer data and feedback, shares the Goodwill Mission and achieves operational goals including maintaining the sales floor appearance and achieving sales targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service
- Share the Goodwill Mission with customers
- Educate customers on the features and benefits of products
- Help customers select products that fit their needs and complete the sale
- Operate cash register, receive payments, record sales and other transactions accurately
- Handle cash, debit/credit cards, and issue receipts to customers efficiently and accurately.
- Adhere to loss prevention, inventory control, and compliance procedures
- Collect customer information for marketing purposes (contact info, desired products/services)
- Collect customer feedback (verbal & comment cards) - Solicit testimonials from satisfied customers
- Demonstrate a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Goodwill’s commitment to our customer
- Merchandise product and stock shelves
- Answer phones - respond to customer inquiries & Return customer calls and provide outstanding service
- Outreach to customers on products and services of interest and related to their interests
- Maintain satisfactory performance for attendance and punctuality, sales and quality, training and environmental checklists, and teamwork
- Maintain regular housekeeping standards
- Embrace teamwork by helping with other duties (included but not limited to parts production, inventory counts, order fulfillment, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred; some college or trade education preferred
- 6 months - one year experience working in service and production environment
- Basic understanding of electronics; mechanical knowledge/inclination
- Ability to lift minimum 50 pounds, move and stack materials
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and reach sales goals
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- For positions that require driving, must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, and be able to travel as needed if you drive your vehicle during company business.
To learn more about Goodwill San Antonio and to view available positions visit: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled