Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donation Attendant I
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Donation Attendant I
Our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing career training and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores,
and revenue from business services offered through our Contract Services Division. We invest 92.6 cents of EVERY DOLLAR EARNED back into the community. This is accomplished through educational programs and career services provided through our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Donation Attendant I who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Join the Goodwill Team today.
San Antonio, Texas
Gateway Ctr Loop 1604@Lookout
0.00 - 0.00
Varies to include; days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide exceptional customer service to donors and customers bygreeting and accepting donations at donation station. Issue donor receiptin friendly and courteous manner. Handle and sort donated goods intoappropriate containers.
2. Load, unload and move donated goods, materials, including furniture using ahand truck onto or from pallets, racks or shelves to maintain workflow ofproduction cycle and to distribute donated materials.
3. Supply Team Members with materials, boxes, barrels, containers, etc. bywalking stations to identify and restock supplies.
4. Keep aisles free from debris, remove obstructions from production and salesfloors. Ensure work areas and facilities remain clean andorganized. Inform Team Leader or Manager of possible safety hazards.
5. Keep work area clean by sweeping, emptying trash cans and disposing of trashin appropriate containers.
6. Maintain good housekeeping standards.
7. Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and complianceprocedures.
8. Maintain regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
9. Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and responding toquestions and/or concerns in a positive, professional, and friendlymanner.
10. Assist in safeguarding Goodwill team members and property from harm, damageor theft. Comply with the Ethics Policy by immediately reporting any observedor suspected theft, fraud, violence, or any unethical or inappropriate behaviorto a supervisor, human resources, or the Ethics Hotline.
* Minimum 6 months to 1 year minimum experience working successfully inretail customer service oriented environment.
* Ability to bend, lift, grasp and move continuously through the day.
* Good verbal communication skills with ability to effectively work as a teamto achieve mission goals
For more information about Goodwill Industries San Antonio, please visit our website at: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled