Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Representative - Call Center Student Services (1768)
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
In 1945 Goodwill San Antonio’s founding purpose was to fight poverty and create opportunity for adults and youth in our community who were underserved by access to education and employment. Our founding purpose "Fighting Poverty and Creating Opportunity" endures today and now drives our mission of "Helping Changing Lives Through the Power of Work" in a new era of 21st century skills.
Goodwill San Antonio is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in San Antonio, employing more than 1,500 individuals who passionately serve our mission. We live out our purpose by providing our employees and others with the tools to succeed in their personal and professional lives and opportunity for upward economic mobility through education and employment programs. We are able to offer these programs and services through our mission-driven business operations with retail stores and contracts with local businesses to augment their operations.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Working Here Helps Changes Lives. Join the GoodwillSA team and Apply Today: WorkforGoodSA.org.
Call Center Student Service Representative (CCSSR) will respond to and provide timely, professional, accurate, and adequate responses to student inbound and outbound calls, e-mails, chats and any other assigned service delivery channels in support of the Alamo Colleges Student Contact Center. Inquires will be received through an Interactive Voice Response, Automated Call Distribution system, and/or ticketing system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers large volume of inbound phone calls, emails, and chats in fast-paced contact center.
- Identifies student needs and verifies their identity through approved methods.
- Promotes first contact resolution when applicable by referencing correct knowledge articles via Alamo Colleges knowledge base system.
- Maintains a high degree of product knowledge through active participation in training, coaching and quality assurance calibrations.
- Displays critical skills by responding to student inquiries by clarifying the question, researching the inquiry, providing solutions, and escalating matters through appropriate channel when applicable.
- Must be able to multitask and think critically when rendering student support through the utilization of multiple systems and other resources.
- Uses proven customer service techniques to establish and maintain professional rapport.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure that all key performance indicators listed on individual performance scorecard are met.
- Properly and accurately updates student records via ticketing system.
- Performs other duties and expectations as assigned.
- Minimum one year of experience in a call center environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in working in a student support environment strongly desired.
- Proven professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet the attendance requirements for the position.
- Must be able to type minimum 30 wpm with minimal errors.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook), web browsers and other applicable systems. Experience with Banner and ZohoDesk preferred.
- Ability to utilize dual computer screens and multitask while accessing multiple systems.
- Must possess critical thinking skills required to comprehend principles and models as a means towards providing effective, efficient and accurate service to student inquires.
- Experience in higher education preferred. Current or previous student of the Alamo Colleges is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- For positions that require driving, must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, and be able to travel as needed if you drive your vehicle during company business.
To learn more about Goodwill San Antonio and to view available positions visit: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled