Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Associate I/Cashier
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Retail Associate I/Cashier
Our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing career training and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Goodwill Retail Stores, and revenue from business services offered through our Contract Services Division. We invest 92.6 cents of EVERY DOLLAR EARNED back into the community. This is accomplished through educational programs and career services provided through our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Retail Associate I/Cashier who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Join the Goodwill Team today.
San Antonio, Texas
Walzem Rd @ Eagle Crest Blvd
0.00 - 0.00
Varies to include; days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Retail Associate I is responsible for processing merchandise and assisting with the efficient operation of the retail store, assisting customers and handling customer transactions, performing basic record keeping functions and other basic retail operations duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner. Make a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers’ needs, giving them guidance on meeting their shopping needs in the store. Inspire customers to buy and create lasting positive impression of you, Goodwill and their purchase. Continuously improve selling techniques.
- Receive, price and stock donations. Hang, inspect and tag textile or clothing in a production environment. Maintain selling floor presentations and restock on a proactive basis.
- Operate cash register. Receive payments from customers for purchases, record sales and other transactions. Handle cash, debit credits and issue receipts to customers efficiently and accurately.
- Keep aisles free from debris, remove obstructions from production and sales floors. Ensure work areas and facilities remain clean and organized. Inform Team Leader or Manager of possible safety hazards.
- Keep work area clean by sweeping, emptying trash cans and disposing of trash in appropriate containers.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and responding to questions and/or concerns in a positive, professional, and friendly manner.
- Assist in safeguarding Goodwill team members and property from harm, damage or theft. Comply with the Ethics Policy by immediately reporting any observed or suspected theft, fraud, violence, or any unethical or inappropriate behavior to a supervisor, human resources, or the Ethics Hotline.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year minimum experience working successfully in retail customer service oriented environment.
- Ability to bend, lift, grasp and move continuously through the day.
- Good verbal communication skills with ability to effectively work as a team to achieve mission goals
For more information about Goodwill Industries San Antonio, please visit our website at: www.goodwillsa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled