Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Leader - Customer Experience (1759)
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
In 1945 Goodwill San Antonio’s founding purpose was to fight poverty and create opportunity for adults and youth in our community who were underserved by access to education and employment. Our founding purpose "Fighting Poverty and Creating Opportunity" endures today and now drives our mission of "Helping Changing Lives Through the Power of Work" in a new era of 21st century skills.
Goodwill San Antonio is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in San Antonio, employing more than 1,500 individuals who passionately serve our mission. We live out our purpose by providing our employees and others with the tools to succeed in their personal and professional lives and opportunity for upward economic mobility through education and employment programs. We are able to offer these programs and services through our mission-driven business operations with retail stores and contracts with local businesses to augment their operations.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Working Here Helps Changes Lives. Join the GoodwillSA team and Apply Today: WorkforGoodSA.org.
The Customer Experience Leader is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer experience in their store through personal customer engagement, exceptionally clean and orderly sales floor, dressing rooms, restrooms and merchandising. The CEL assists customers in locating items and answering service questions. This position performs certain "lead Cashier" duties such as training Cashiers, training and monitoring Cashier performance and transacting refunds and voids in the absence of a manager. The CEL is expected to remain on the sales floor for entirety of shift with primary focus to enhance customer experience, and will only operate cash register on rare occasions when customer experience requires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner. Make a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers’ needs, giving them guidance on meeting their shopping needs in the store. Inspire customers to buy and create lasting positive impression of you, Goodwill and their purchase. Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and responding to questions and/or concerns in a positive, professional, and friendly manner. Continuously improve selling techniques.
- Provide continuous customer service and cashier training to all cashiers. Monitor performance and coach cashiers and sales floor staff on a continuous basis to provide the highest levels of customer service and experience. Ensure cashiers are following cashier training guidelines.
- Perform refund and void approvals for cashiers as needed in the absence of manager.
- Hang, arrange and maintain orderly and full textiles/clothing racks on the sales floor. Maintain selling floor presentations and restock on a proactive basis.
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- On rare occasion, for critical situations as back-up only, operate cash register. Receive payments from customers for purchases, record sales and other transactions. Handle cash, debit, credit and gift card transactions and issue receipts to customers efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Assist in safeguarding Goodwill team members and property from harm, damage or theft. Comply with the Ethics Policy by immediately reporting any observed or suspected theft, fraud, violence, or any unethical or inappropriate behavior to a supervisor, human resources, or the Ethics Hotline.
- Keep aisles free from debris; remove obstructions from production and sales floors. Ensure work areas and facilities remain clean and organized. Inform Team Leader or Manager of possible safety hazards.
- Keep work area clean by sweeping, emptying trashcans and disposing of trash in appropriate containers.
- Minimum 6 months to 1-year minimum experience working successfully in retail customer service oriented environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills with customers and co-workers, with ability to effectively work as a team to achieve mission goals
- Ability to bend, lift, grasp and move continuously through the day.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- For positions that require driving, must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, and be able to travel as needed if you drive your vehicle during company business.
To learn more about Goodwill San Antonio and to view available positions visit: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled