Greene Tweed & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tool & Die Machinist (1st Shift)
at Greene Tweed & Co.
Position requirements include set up and operation of a variety of standard metalworking machines, hand tools and various CNC equipment to manufacture molds, dies, fixtures, cutting tools and gauges, etc
- Operate CNC Mills in addition to CNC Lathes
- Perform highly diversified machining of complicated molds and tooling.
- Must be proficient at manual machining and milling complex tooling projects.
- Capable of holding intricate tolerances on all tooling being produced.
- Capable of all miscellaneous and complex grinding operations.
- Check blueprints and configure mathematical calculations necessary to correct or complete tooling.
- Provide feedback and aid Tool Designers to improve the manufacturing of all tooling.
- Set up and operate various equipment to produce all types of molds, dies, fixtures, gauges and cutting tools.
- Work in a team environment, supporting successful work transition from shift to shift and interacting in a professional and productive manner with team members, Management, Engineers, Inspection, CAM Programmers, Tool Designers, Elastomer Technicians, Injection Mold and Composite Mold Technicians.
- Perform the above tasks without Supervision while producing quality tooling within the estimated manufacturing costs.
- Make revisions and repairs to all types of tooling as necessary.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and safety shoes.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have attained Master Machinist/Moldmaker or equivalent, as determined by management and have been in that role a minimum of one year.
- Must be proficient with operating computers, including searching, saving, and editing files
- Ability to work for long periods of time in standing position.
- Perform job in compliance with the Company’s Quality Policy (AS 9100/ISO 9000).
- Perform job in a safe manner.