Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Health Texas
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Reports To: Billing Supervisor
Responsible for all aspects of medical AR collections for a physician medical group. Will be responsible for claim denial follow up for all assigned insurance payers, resolving billing problems and answering patient and clinic inquires. Uses collection techniques to keep accounts receivable current including monitoring for delinquent payments
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years medical billing and/or collections experience in a physician's or other medical facility setting
- Knowledge of governmental insurance plans (Medicare Part B and C, Medicaid and associated advantage plans, Tricare, etc.) and commercial insurances (PPO, HMO, EPO, HRA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10
- Understanding of HIPPA guidelines
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with EMR software (eClinicalWorks preferred, but not required)
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadline and be a team player
- Follows up on insurance billing to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Demonstrates the ability to professionally interact with patients and insurances companies regarding sensitive financial matters and recapture unpaid balances.
- Receives and resolves patient billing inquiries; initiates adjustment requests as necessary
- Follows up on all zero payment explanations of benefits and exercises all options to obtain claim payments
- Reviews assigned accounts on a monthly basis and reports inconsistencies and correct errors as appropriate
- Provides support for inquiries on accounts
- Researches issues and follow up with all parties
- Initiates payer and/or patient refund requests for overpayments that have been researched
- Initiates debt write off requests
Supervisory Responsibility: None
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift boxes of paper and files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.