Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant
at Health Texas
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
ESTs are Certified Medical Assistants that work out of several different locations based on business needs. EST's provide coverage when employees are on vacation, when clinics are busy, or when there are staffing needs. EST's home location will be admin and they will be reimbursed for mileage from admin to each location they "float" (e.g. travel) to.
To assist the medical provider with physical examinations, carry out nursing treatments and perform other health care procedures according to provider's orders. Must develop working knowledge of clinic policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant must establish good public and working relationships.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Successful completion of a recognized Medical Assistant Certification program. CPR certification is required. One year prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinical environment or have successfully completed an externship within a HealthTexas clinic. Must have training in basic medical terminology. Phlebotomy and/or Venipuncture certificate may be required. Must be able to drive and have reliable transportation.
Starting Salary: $14-16/hr based upon experience
- Provide a standard of excellence as it relates to customer service for patients and other customers.
- Maintains timely flow of patient.
- Maintains patient privacy according to HIPPA requirements.
- Prepares patient for examination by Provider
- Aids patient in walking, standing or sitting if needed.
- Prepares equipment/supplies to assist medical provider in the treatment and testing of patients.
- Performs or assists with procedures including, but not limited to, EKGs, Holter monitors, stress test, PFT, dABI, WWE, wound care, flu/strep/HCG testing, glucose check/teaching, fit cards, unna boots, ear lavage, coaguchek, nebulizer and phlebotomy.
- Take and record height, weight, temperature, respiration, blood pressure/pulse rate manual/LXI machine, review medications.
- Medical Assistant helps prepare, organize, sterilize rooms, tools/equipment, and set up medical equipment. Sterilize instruments, properly dispose of contaminated materials, and prepare patient examination rooms to make sure they stay clean, neat and properly stocked.
- CMA updates patients care plan under direction of the medical provider.
- Orders, prepares, and inspects patients' charts.
- Scheduling with specialist, procedures and DI testing outside of HTMG.
- Document tests and examination results according to Health Texas, HIPPA and compliance policies and procedures.
- Reviews patient testing and examination results with medical provider; document instructions according to Health Texas, HIPPA and compliance policies and procedures.
- Input and monitor EMR records of patients during exam process.
- Administer medications, injections and immunizations, as ordered by provider.
- Keeping inventory of medications and supplies needed by clinic. Provide CPR if needed.
- Administrative, taking, receiving and relating message between providers, patients and pharmacy. Filling out necessary documents for patients care. Scanning in necessary documents into patients chart in ECW.
- Refilling maintenance medications allowed by Health Texas Medical Group. Retrieving information from Texas PMP for provider to refill controlled medications.
- Assisting patients with filling out Advance Directives.
- Follows all Health Texas Medical Group policies and procedures to include but not limited to human resource, clinic, and administrative, HIPPA and compliance.
- Utilizes all OSHA and HIPPA regulations universal precautions to protect self and patients.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Ability to work well with clinical staff and provide quality patient care, every patient, every time. Able to effectively communicate with all others respectfully regardless of racial, ethnic or economic status. Demonstrate knowledge of electronic medical records skills and able to prioritize tasks and organize work flow.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- Must be able to assist the patients in the event of an emergency.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Must be able to stand for no less than 2 hours at a time, lift, kneel and bend and be able to assist patients with standing and walking as needed.