Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant - Quality Dept
at Health Texas
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Orders, prepares and inspects patients' charts. Places outbound calls to patients and schedules appointments. Monitors studies to make sure they are completed. Must develop working knowledge of clinic and quality policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant must establish good public and working relationships.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Successful completion of a recognized Medical Assistant Certification program. CPR certification is required. One year prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinical environment or have successfully completed an externship within a HealthTexas clinic. Must have training in basic medical terminology. Must have eClinical Works experience, possess excel skills, be detailed-oriented and organized.
- Provides a standard of excellence as it relates to customer service for patients and other customers.
- Maintains patient privacy according to HIPAA requirements.
- Updates patient care plan under direction of medical provider. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient charts. Documents tests and examination results according to HealthTexas, HIPAA and compliance policies and procedures. Reviews patient tests and examination results with medical provider; documents instructions according to HealthTexas, HIPAA and compliance policies and procedures. Input and monitor EMR records of patients during exam process.
- Places outbound calls to patients.
- Assists with scheduling appointments.
- Monitors studies to ensure everything is completed.
- Follows all HealthTexas medical Group policies and procedures to include but not limited to human resources, clinic, and administrative, HIPAA and compliance.
- Utilizes all required electronic systems.
- Follow all OSHA and HIPAA regulation universal precautions to protect self and patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Ability to work well with clinical staff and provide quality patient care, every patient, every time. Able to effectively communicate with all others respectfully regardless of racial, ethnic or economic status. Demonstrate knowledge of electronic medical records skills and able to prioritize tasks and organize work flow.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- Must be able to assist the patients in the event of an emergency.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to stand for no less than 2 hours at a time, lift, kneel and bend and be able to assist patients with standing and walking as needed.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be actively certified from an accredited Medical Assisting Program.