Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic Manager/ Helotes
at Health Texas
- Helotes, TX, USA
- Full Time
HealthTexas Medical Group is a mid-size healthcare organization with 17 locations and growing in the San Antonio area. We are recognized as a Best Place to Work and Top Place to Work company with many of our physicians awarded Best Doctors in America. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the job listing below:
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Reports To: Practice Director
To manage and supervise the operational and administrative functions, activities, and projects of a Family Practice care clinic. Responsibilities include the managing, planning and coordinating the operations of the clinic to include: supervising all clinic staff, billing and collecting procedures, monitoring delivery of patient services, planning for space allocation, acting as liaison with patients, businesses, hospitals, administration and faculty.
High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
Qualifications: 1 year working supervisory experience. Strong organizational and communication skills. Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred. Have knowledge of budgets and budget process including mathematical and accounting skills, ability to make sound financial decisions, and ability to use calculator. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/10 coding procedures and be familiar with Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurance billing procedures. Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment and discretion. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership and organizational skills, and interpersonal and time management skills. Have knowledge of policies, and procedures of the HealthTexas Medical Group. Knowledge of computer technology, including word processing, spreadsheet, reports, and business correspondence. Have knowledge of office management and administrative procedures, and the ability to supervise and review the work of others. Possess knowledge of specialized terminology including medical terms. Ability to interact with Providers, professional, administrative and higher level management personnel. Familiarity with medical records administration, and knowledge of clinic and physician/patient protocols. Knowledge of EMR systems, data processing equipment, personal computers, and other standard business machines common to most offices.
- Function as the clinic liaison with patients, businesses, hospitals, academic administration, and faculty.
- Direct all billing and collecting procedures, to include appropriate coding and ensuring that staff are trained and educated in all government, national, and medical coding and billing regulations.
- Monitor delivery of patient services to include reviewing physician activity data and forecast and prepare for all changes needed or impacted by patient load, billing/collecting procedures, and government regulations and policies.
- Complete various special projects, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions and writing reports.
- Manage space planning, renovation, and all allocation.
- Recruit, supervise, and direct all non-faculty staff to ensure the clinic operates in an efficient manner and that the patients receive high quality customer service.
- Review internal policies and procedures and update as needed.
- Maintains on-site medical records administration and ensuring that all state and federal regulations governing the release of information is followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.