Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Finance
at Health Texas
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
The VP of Finance is an experienced healthcare business leader who, together with the CFO, is responsible for management of the HealthTexas Medical Group's finance, billing, claims payment and medical records departments. The scope of work includes partnering with the CFO on the financial management of the company, including production of financial reports, maintenance of the accounting system, budgets and controls, treasury, accounts payable, payroll, real estate companies, ICD-10 coding, claims payment, billing, and risk management in general. This VP will develop long range financial plans including annual budgets and guide management in best practices necessary to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- MBA with CPA required
- 10 or more years of supervisory experience required
- Experience with healthcare finance and accounting management to include, financial statement preparation and presentation
- Experience with contracted Medicare Advantage managed care medical group.
- Experience managing the revenue cycle
- Financial planning & Budgeting; Financial statement preparation and analysis; Revenue cycle management; Balance sheet reconciliation; GAAP, partnership & tax accounting; cash management
- Familiar with various reporting platforms (FRX, Microsoft ERP, Crystal Reports, Access)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (all products)
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills; be able to comprehend & create complex formulas and presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to present complex information quickly and efficiently
Essential Job Functions:
- Accounting, Billing, Claims, and Coding Department Management and Supervision
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation review to include capital accounts.
- Revenue cycle management and supervision which includes coding, charge entry, billing, accounts receivable, self-pay, and posting payments.
- Financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Budgeting and financial planning.
- Review contracts to ensure financial terms are in compliance with strategic plans.
- Financial management of global risk health plan contracts
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key management in order to incorporate their input into models and plans.
- Assist with business modeling for anticipated transactions and alternative financing scenarios.
- Ensure that the companies' insurance requirements are adequate to meet the current and forecasted growth of the company.
- Build and contribute to a great team culture.
- Business decision support on ad hoc investments and other business cases.
- People management, career development, hiring, coaching and training a superior financial organization that anticipates results and business trends.
- Manage and implement strong internal controls to include an inventory system.
- GAAP, Partnership & Tax accounting
- Cash management.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
This position manages 3 to 4 direct reports and all indirect Associates of the 4 departments and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the Associates within that department.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Requires working under stressful conditions where constructive criticism from others is encouraged. Requires working extended or irregular hours (including evenings and occasional weekends) as the medical group determines necessary or desirable to meet its business needs and/or the needs of its patients. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Normal office environment.