Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leave & Accommodation Specialist
at HOLT CAT
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5a3ecc84-dee0-4fb2-971a-a46b2dfe0329
- Management of all leave and accommodation programs for a company with approximately 2,700 employees across Texas.
- Subject-Matter-Expert related to LOA, Child Bonding Leave, LTD, STD, FMLA, Accommodations, Life and AD&D insurance, including providing resolution and follow-up to current and past employees, benefit representatives, vendors/carriers, and other HR and cross-functional staff.
- Serve as HR lead in working with managers, employees, and Safety/Compliance Specialist to coordinate FMLA, return to work and/or fit-for-duty status/activity based on employee’s individual situation.
- Maintain and update HRIS database with benefit transactions related to life, leave of absence, and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Project manager for maintenance of HR compliance practices such as updates to the Employee Handbook and HR policies, audit compliance posters displayed in all locations to ensure up to date postings, and dispute resolution.
- Coordinate timely process with respect to employee premium repayments, bonus payments and restorative H.S.A contributions for all employees returning from leave and/or transitioning to LTD.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to be an independent decision-maker
- Ability to dispute and resolve complex third party claims
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws in order to maintain compliance with regards to the Employee Handbook, all compliance posters, and HR company policies
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy
- Manages complex situations through effective problem solving
- Effectively manage relationships by earning credibility and trust among peers, employees, and supervisors
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion
Education and Experience:
- Five to seven years of related experience strongly preferred
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred