Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Undercarriage Field Service Technician
at HOLT CAT
This position is responsible for performing inspection, diagnosis, and repair of heavy equipment undercarriage in a shop environment or field. Will work alone or in teams. It will involve removing and installing complete undercarriages which include: tracks, roller frames, rollers, idlers, and sprocket segments. It will also require performing repairs on broken link assemblies which will include the use of a cutting torch.
Candidates should possess the following technical experience, skills, abilities, and qualifications to be considered for employment.
- Extensive knowledge of CAT equipment, specifically CAT Undercarriage, including their designs, repair, and maintenance is required. (Experience with other comparable brand equipment will be considered on a case by case basis.)
- Knowledge and proficiency with current computer software and related hardware are required.
- Ability to operate hand tools and CAT Wear Management System (WMS) tools are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A Class A or Class B CDL driver’s license is required.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform track repairs is required.
- Ability to remove and install tracks, rollers, idlers, and sprockets is required.
- Ability to drive tractors is required.
**Some travel is required**
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, traits, and skills to be considered for employment.
- 1-3 years CAT Equipment experience preferred.
- Excellent work habits, accuracy, attention to detail, and quality of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to engage with customers, vendors, and peers in order to exchange information, motivate, influence and persuade.
- Time management skills, in order to develop plans for structuring self and other resources, and achievement of goals and work results to attain maximum productivity by establishing deadlines, milestones, and tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are crucial in order to apply logic and reasoning to identify and enhance the prevention of issues, and the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be self-starting, self-motivated and be a leader.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands in order to grasp, manipulate, or assemble varying sized objects.
- Possessing and projecting a positive attitude with customers, as well as co-workers, is paramount.