Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
5030 - Network Applications Developer
Job Title: Network Applications Developer
Location: Port San Antonio
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance (eligible to be sponsored for TS/SCI)
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Network Applications Developer to work in San Antonio, TX. The candidate will be responsible for the life cycle management of Cyberspace Weapons Systems, provide sustainment service to provide hardware and software modification to fielded weapon systems to include troubleshooting, modifying, and upgrading the current weapon system baseline to sustain operational functionality and capability of the system. The candidate must be willing to multi-task, and work independently on projects and work part as a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or electronics or equivalent. Four (4) years of Information Technology (IT) experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of recent software development and test experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with at least ONE (1) of the following: C, C , Java, PowerShell, Python, AND *nix (Unix/Linux) scripting languages (AWK, SED, Perl, BSH, etc.).
- Familiarity with COTS products such as Fidelis and ArcSight and other specialized hardware such as the Cloudshield CS-2000/4000. Contractor shall have working knowledge of *nix, Windows operating systems and network administration.
- Experience setting up traffic generation software/appliances.
- Experience in configuring nodes, subnets, domains, and network security.
- Familiar with and able to perform limited configuration of network routers, switches and firewall.
- Working knowledge of larger networks and AF Gateways and DoD GiG.
- Experience operating as part of an Agile development team.
- 2 years of experience developing automated unit, integration, and system tests.
- Active Secret Clearance (eligible to be sponsored for TS/SCI)
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as such as Packet C (Rave) and Ruby-on-Rails.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and package software for the current baseline as updates and future baselines as upgrades
- Support the development and maintenance of policies and procedures, including instructions, for the installation, operation, back up, data recovery, configuration, administration, hardening, system maintenance, and troubleshooting of a variety of operating systems and applications such as, but not limited to, various Microsoft products, *nix variants, and others used to support the software gateway and boundary protection devices
- Perform requirements and design of new software functions and preparation of the associated documentation
- Responsible for at least 12 monthly updates and up to 2 major releases per year. Monthly updates consist of aggregating vendor and GOTS patches into a new minor release.
- Ability to perform limited configuration of network routers, switches and firewall.
- Responsible for setting up traffic generation software/appliances.
- Responsible for configuration of nodes, subnets, domains, and network security.
- Analyze, isolate, characterize, document, and resolve complex application software anomalies and deficiencies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.