Imagine joining a group of individuals — each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
Community Engagement/Recruitment Specialist - Bilingual
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase girl and adult membership in assigned, established geographic areas. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships in order to implement Girl Scouting within an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership recruiting strategies in assigned areas.
- Assists in designing and implementing a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas.
- Implements membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals including cultivation and organization of communities to result in increased girl and volunteer leads.
- Executes action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal. Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Utilizes customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process through to completion to “closed” status.
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, educators, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to increase awareness of and participation in Girl Scouting and positively impact membership growth.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
- Represents Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas at local events, fairs and festivals
- Collaborates with the Member Services team and utilizes the Salesforce membership database to ensure strategic follow up and targeting.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Creativity and experience in event planning preferred (fairs, festivals, and community events)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours some nights and weekends to support different events required.
- Ability to travel locally with potential overnight stays required.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish proficiency highly preferred.
- Sandler Sales techniques preferred.
- Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word). Proficient in database management and reporting.
- Salesforce Database experience or client management system experience preferred.
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.