Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Controls Specialist
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Buildings & Infrastructure unit of Jacobs Engineering in Central Texas offices of Jacobs is currently in the search for a Project Controls Specialist to add to their team. The position will report to the CTX Project Controls lead.
The Project Controls Specialist is accountable for timely and accurate input of data, thorough and accurate review and analysis of defined cost and schedule elements, and timely and accurate document production.
- The duties of a Project Controls Specialist are set out below, but also include any other reasonable activity as directed from time to time.
- Develop, monitor, track, analyze, forecast, and report on project budgets, estimates to complete, commitments, expenditures, project progress and productivity, work plans and schedules, projects cost at completion, WBS cost coding, subcontracts, and change management.
- Support Project Managers with Operational Project Reviews (OPRs).
- Support Project Managers with quarterly forecast on projects
- Involvement in the development of the schedule for mainly engineering activities, but may also need to incorporate other activities associated with procurement, construction, etc
- Review of expenditure details, identifying incorrect charges, and commencement of the charge correction process
- Review, process and track sub consultant invoices on various projects
- Input or update activity data, logic, resource, progress, expenditure information and review of activity durations and logic sequences
- Perform risk analysis on cost and schedule and recommend usage of contingency.
- Provide support for project pricing
- Coordinate activities and services with corporate support groups including human resources, accounting, legal, contracts management, procurement and safety
- Assure change management systems and processes are implemented and followed.
- Identify potential project problems early, report issues and problems to operations leadership, and work with project teams to address and implement recovery plans.
- Preparation of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analyses, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations
- Set-up, monitor & report earned value progress measurement systems for projects, including analysis based on input from project leads
- Produce various planning and scheduling reports and analysis
- Printing and distribution of technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages
- Other project controls duties as assigned
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- BS or BA in Cost Management, Engineering, Project Management, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a project controls or related function is required
- Previous experience working on buildings and infrastructure type of projects is required
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office tools. Proficient Excel skills are required.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and a desire to work with details.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.