James Avery Artisan Jewelry
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Relations Intern - Spring 2020
at James Avery Artisan Jewelry
The Public Relations and Charitable Giving Intern for spring 2020 will be responsible for assisting with the management and organization of tasks involved with cause marketing, charitable giving, charitable application administration, brand communication and other marketing operations at James Avery. This person will work closely with members of the Media and Community Outreach teams, Ecommerce, Direct Marketing, Social and Brand Activation teams, and well as various other internal and external partners to create and manage various aspects and phases of marketing projects.
* The Spring 2020 is a 14-week experiential learning program at the James Avery Corporate offices located in Kerrville, TX.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING & DOING:
- Media Relations and Communications– Provide support as needed to plan, execute and analyze digital marketing campaigns including paid search, video display, banner display and paid product listings. This may include participating in weekly meeting with digital advertising agency, preparing reports, analysis using Google Analytics, and preparing creative requirements.
- Cause Marketing – Provide support as needed to plan, execute and analyze cause marketing campaigns, research nonprofit organizations for potential partnership and sponsorships opportunities. This may include online research, organizational meetings, checking 501c3 statues and more.
- Charitable Giving – Under guidance of the community relations team, provide support with processing charitable in-kind donations in accordance with donation guidelines, research and gather information from nonprofit organizations to assess needs, mission, etc. Help select in-kind donation jewelry in accordance with jewelry exposure plan.
Attend charitable giving planning meetings. This may involve organizational and administrative work.
- Brand Communications – Track James Avery media across news, web and social media through various alert tools and keep manager apprised of all information, especially negative, that may need to be managed. Coordinate with Social Media team for cohesive storytelling opportunities. Coordinate news releases with newswire, internal and external contacts, and local media according to publicity protocol. May assist in writing of news releases. Update, write and edit James Avery web content, press releases and press kit.
- Other Marketing Campaigns - Provide support as needed to execute various other elements of the marketing plan. This may include managing small projects like program and event ads, mall signage and responding to general advertising inquiries.
- Special Project – Under the guidance of a member of the marketing management team, develop and present findings of an agreed upon marketing topic to assist the development of James Avery marketing plan.
- Observe all safety regulations; participate in safety training; report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate company personnel.
- Adhere to Company policies including but not limited to the Attendance Guideline, Freedom from Harassment and Employee Discount Guideline.
- The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at James Avery Jewelry.
- Other Duties - demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills; a strong attention to detail and a high degree of organizational skills. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with the team, both departmental and with cross functional teams to build positive working relationships and establish a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY:
- Education – Must be currently enrolled in four-year College or University, with a focus on marketing, advertising, or communications (preferred).
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills (preferred): Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word (MS Access a plus); Familiarity with various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (Experience with social scheduling and photo editing apps are a plus); Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus; and be enthusiastic, willing to learn, and contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Ability to pass and maintain valid driver’s license and continually meet company’s Motor Vehicle Insurance requirements.
- Pass a background check as well as an alcohol, controlled substance, and illegal drug screen that meets Company standards before beginning regular employment.
This is a paid internship in Kerrville, TX