James Avery Artisan Jewelry
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Intern - Summer 2020
at James Avery Artisan Jewelry
The Supply Chain Intern is primarily responsible for assisting with the management and organizational tasks involved with Supply Chain planning and distribution, allowing for gaining knowledge of the area. This person may also have opportunities to gain knowledge in manufacturing at James Avery. This person will work closely with members of the DRP, forecasting, supply planning, procurement, and distribution teams, as well as various other internal and external partners to create and manage various aspects of product delivery.
*This is a 10-week internship in Kerrville, TX, and the intern must be available 40 hours per week for the duration of the term.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING & DOING:
- The intern will be taking on various tasks and special projects under the guidance of different members of the supply chain team, to develop and educate on general supply chain, as well as James Avery’s supply chain, practices.
- Observe all safety regulations; participate in safety training; report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate company personnel.
- Adhere to Company policies including but not limited to the Attendance Guideline, Freedom from Harassment and Employee Discount Guideline.
- The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at James Avery Jewelry.
- Consistently demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; a strong attention to detail and a high degree of organizational skills. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with the team, both departmental and with cross functional teams to build positive working relationships and establish a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY:
- Must be currently enrolled in four-year College or University, with a focus on supply chain management or business (preferred).
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills (preferred, not required): MS Office Suite, MS Access, familiarity with Cognos Analytics or MS Power BI, Oracle E-Business suite, and Demantra forecasting.
- Ability to pass and maintain valid driver’s license and continually meet company’s Motor Vehicle Insurance requirements.
- Pass a background check as well as an alcohol, controlled substance, and illegal drug screen that meets Company standards before beginning regular employment.
This is a paid internship in Kerrville, TX.