Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Highway Designer
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The Highways Designer is responsible for preparing basic horizontal and vertical geometric roadway design plans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria, to prepare drawings using computer-aided drafting software
- Uses judgment and modifications in making basic engineering computations and revises specifications for adaptions and modifications
- Makes quality control corrections to contract drawings
- Responsible for updating CAD files per client drafting standards
- Prepares exhibits for reports, public meetings or presentations
- Proficiency in Microstation and SS4 is required
- 5+ years of professional highway design experience is required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of design and drafting procedures required
- Technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.