Judson Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Secondary - District Wide (2020-2021)
at Judson Independent School District
Teacher Pay Scale
The Teacher participates as a member of the instructional staff in planning for teaching, motivating students, developing classroom climate, managing the classroom, interacting with pupils and evaluating pupils.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with appropriate certification for position
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the employee.
- Knowledge of subject(s) to which assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
- Plans the long and short range objectives for assigned courses.
- Implements the state and District curricula.
- Develops lesson plans with appropriate essential elements.
- Collects and uses a variety of information to guide the growth and development of individual pupils.
- Maximizes amount of time available for instruction.
- Uses research-based best practices in teaching and learning.
- Selects appropriate teaching materials using a variety of activities to develop student interest and performance.
- Establishes standards for individual pupils in terms of ability levels.
- Creates a classroom climate conducive to pupil intellectual, social, emotional and moral development.
- Manages pupil behavior and activities to allow for learning.
- Communicates effectively with students.
- Evaluates and provides feedback on pupil performance continuously by utilizing a variety of sources.
- Teaches for cognitive, affective, and/or psychomotor learning and transfer.
- Maintains accurate student accounting records and other reports in compliance with local and state requirements.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with parents and school staff.
- Participates in the planning, presentation, and evaluation of various school activities.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job
Supervision and evaluation of District personnel is not a requirement of the position; however, the supervision of students is required.
- Office equipment – personal computer, printer, calculator, multi-line telephone, software programs and peripherals, copier, fax, and other equipment applicable to position.
- Communication equipment – radio communication equipment, cellular telephone
- Video monitoring equipment
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Frequent: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs and/or ramps, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity, distinguishing colors, driving, traveling.
- Occasional: Lifting, moderate, 15-44 pounds; carrying, moderate, 15-44 pounds
- Frequent exposure to: temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination, vibration
- Occasional exposure to: biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, mold, fungi, etc.), work outside, work around moving objects or vehicles, work on uneven surfaces, work alone, work prolonged or irregular hours.
The Judson School District considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)