LMI Government Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DevOps Cloud Architect
at LMI Government Consulting
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
LMI has an immediate need for a DevOps Cloud Architect in our Digital Services group. LMI DevOps teams use the latest technologies, databases, and components in a fast paced agile team environment to provide creative and cost effective solutions to our clients. This position is located in our San Antonio, TX, office.
LMI is dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, management advisory services, advanced analytics, and digital services. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
Develop a roadmap for migrating monolithic applications to a microservices architecture. The developer must have a solid understanding of cloud-native architecture concepts and have knowledge of best practices for high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud. Experience with AWS Lambda or Microsoft Azure Functions required. Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience while also building reusable automation libraries / APIs that can be applied across an enterprise.
- Develop software applications using Agile methodology
- Work independently to complete implementation projects
- Identify and implement best-practice solutions to client requirements
- Collect requirements and develop cloud-native applications
- Use modern software development and DevOps practices
- Advise on Cloud DevOps best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- At least 3 years professional experience in designing, executing and supporting Cloud environments
- Experience with DevOps and Agile engineering practices
- Experience with containers and/or serverless computing, microservices, functions, event-driven/reactive programming or other cloud-native architectures
- Experience developing and deploying systems into a production cloud-native environment
- Experience with one or more cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Advanced Linux scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools, services and methodologies (Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Git, Bamboo, Atlassian Suite etc.)
- Expertise with containerization platform such as Docker
- Experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, APIGateway, EC2, S3, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Design and development of provisioning and registering with Cloud environment
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of LMI personnel and clients
- Able to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication
- Able to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Master’s degree
- One or more Cloud certifications such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
Ability to obtain or maintain a government security clearance is required, for which you must be a US citizen. Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.