LMI Government Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Test Engineer
at LMI Government Consulting
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
LMI, a government consulting firm, is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our expanding San Antonio office. All Test Engineer candidates must have strong communication skills, a passion for testing, and a desire to assist transitioning to an evolving suite of test driven frameworks on high-profile projects. The role will be responsibile for developming and maintaining automation tests for web apps in a continous integration environment. Experience with Selenium Web Automation testing and Gherkin is preferred. This position is based in San Antonio, TX, but could also be worked from our Tyson's Corner, VA office in Northern Virginia.
LMI is dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, management advisory services, advanced analytics, and digital services. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
This position requires a B.S. in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or a related field. The candidate will work with a team of LMI software developers and domain experts to test web applications in support of multiple federal agencies.
- Work with a team of LMI software developers and domain experts to design and develop test automation frameworks for web-based applications being built in a continuous integration environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain tests and test frameworks in Python using Selenium, the Page Object Model, and Gherkin.
- Actively participate in agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on software test automation including test framework design, development, and maintenance/support.
- Experience with the following:
- C#, .Net, Python, Java or other programming language
- Visual Studio
- Relational Databases (e.g. MS SQL)
- Test Design Patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well as part of an agile development team.
- Experience with Selenium Web Automation testing, Python, and Gherkin is preferred.
- Development experience within an agile environment.
- Experience testing ServiceNow applications preferred.
- Using formal ticketing applications such as Atlassian Jira or Bugzilla.
- Creating tests using the Gherkin syntax.
- Experience working in a consultant / client environment.
- Experience working with Selenium Web
- Knowledge of the MVC framework.
- Experience working in a consultant/client environment is desired.
Ability to obtain or maintain a government security clearance required, for which you must be a US Citizen. Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.