Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN / LVN) SAMHS
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
*This posting is for a future fills and a possible large upcoming contract*
Licensed Vocational Nurses - LVN / LPN
Medtrust is posting the above named positions in anticipation of a Government Contract award. The specialties listed below are generalities meant only to define the unit, not the specific job duties of any given position.
Family Care Clinics
MedTrust is a vital, growing company, owned and operated by Registered Nurses possessing decades of experience as clinicians and managers. We apply that invaluable experience in developing effective staffing solutions that closely match employees in our workforce with customer requirements. We are particularly proud of our highly qualified professionals who assist the military services in providing quality healthcare to active duty personnel, their families and military retirees. We invite you to come join our team today where our mission is “to inspire, empower and enhance the lives of all those we touch, in our community and within our staff”.
As a MedTrust team member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Federal Holidays
- CEU Reimbursement
Current incumbents are always welcomed to contact us!!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Skill Competency: Demonstrate competency as required in the contract and as follows: Become familiar with all forms of Electronic Health Records used by the MTF, Microsoft Office programs to include, but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and knowledge of micro-computer equipment with the ability to input, retrieve, and format data.
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction
- Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university or vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- One year LVN experience
- Cardiology LVNs require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
BOMC--1 yr LVN experience
Flight Medicine-1 yr experience within the last 3 yrs
Family Practice-1 yr experience within the last 3 yrs
Womens Clinic-1 yr experience in Womens Health within the last 3 yrs
Cardiology- 1 yr experience in Cardiology Clinic within the last 2 yrs
MedTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer