Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Morrison Supply
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivate team through a compelling vision and direction to encompass MORSCO’s Core values
- Regularly communicate with associates at all levels in the region, providing business updates and responding to associate feedback
- Communicate business needs for the market that play an active role in driving results
- Communicate current trends and competitor strategies in the market
- Customer Focus
- Establishing a team culture among branches and holding the team to a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Establish a strong customer selling culture in all assigned branches
- Create and implement strategies to grow revenue and margin throughout assigned branches
- Participate in plumbing division planning process to establish sales plans and budgets for assigned market.
- Actively manage P&L activities, analyzing results and identifying appropriate countermeasures to senior leadership
- Develop sales strategies that identify and secure revenue opportunities while building the company brand throughout the market.
- Analyze financial reports and implement strategies to increase sales, improve productivity, and manage expenses
- Human Resources
- Provide regular and consistent leadership to market team, communicating values, strategies and objectives while providing motivation, training and guidance/coaching
- Actively engage in talent management processes, including recruitment strategy, performance management, employee development, succession planning etc.
- Recognize performance issues in a timely manner and partner with Human Resources to develop action plans for resolution
- Visit assigned locations to ensure branch daily operations and customer service exceeds company expectations
- Drive business results and improve market efficiencies through the regular use of KPIs, regularly managing accountabilities within the team
- Hold Branch Managers accountable for execution of all operational responsibilities and instill a high standard for compliance
- Enforce company policies/procedures and promote ethical business practices
- Develop and maintain a Risk Management and Safety Program to reduce accident to zero and mitigate exposures to risk and losses
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- College Degree in Industrial Distribution, Business or related discipline. A combination of education and greater than 15 years’ direct experience may be considered as a substitute for a degree
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the wholesale distribution industry, including a minimum of 5 years in a management role.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Ability to review, analyze and act on operational KPI’s and P&L statement data
- Strong PC skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet with the ability to learn new programs
- Must have experience working with an operations management system; specific experience with Eclipse is preferred
- Must have strong decision making skills with the ability to analyze information and determine appropriate actions
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with vendors and customers to drive top line growth and margin targets
- Strong leadership skills with ability to coach and develop associates while driving accountability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer