Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Travel Youth Care Worker
at MVM, Inc.
About MVM, Inc.
Service, Support, Success are the pillars upon which MVM’s founders built the company, and they continue to serve as MVM’s core values. Along with our uncompromising insistence on integrity and ethical business practices, these values make us the service provider of choice for our customers and the employer of choice for our dedicated team members.
Working at MVM, Inc. takes a certain kind of person; we want someone who identifies with our values and is willing to challenge themselves both personally and professionally. We seek employees who are passionate about serving and making a difference in lives of others.
We’re looking to add a Bilingual Travel Youth Care Worker. If you can envision joining a team where you will have the opportunity to provide mission driven results; then we are looking for you!
Here’s what you need to be successful in this role:
- Coachable - Open to constructive criticism, with a strong desire to implement and sustain feedback by others
- Customer service orientated - Understand the value of a relationship by building trust and relating to the customer to ensure the conversation progresses properly and on tract. Honest and have the integrity to do what’s right for our customers and for the business
- Curious - Actively seek information pertaining to our business, services and customer base
- Committed - Have the passion and perseverance for what you want to accomplish
- Willing to support critical duties - Support responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations
What You’ll Get to Do!!
The Bilingual Travel Youth Care Workers must have a compassion for children and are passionate about serving and making a difference in the lives of others. Provide humble care and service to unaccompanied children and teens, while you are accompanying them on domestic flights and via ground transportation to shelters all over the country. During these trips, the Travel Youth Care Workers use their language skills to communicate in a way that is culturally-sensitive, while fostering a safe and comfortable environment.
Key functions you will perform!
- Provide a humble care and service to unaccompanied minors of all age groups while accompanying them via domestic flights and/or ground transportation to select government facilities.
- Provide minors and family member(s) with meals, clean weather appropriate clothing, and any other items which may be needed for travel.
- Use their language skills to communicate with children and teens in a way that is culturally-sensitive, while fostering a safe and humane environment.
- Ability to travel frequently as required to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the position with a minimum of three (3) days consecutively at a time and with short notice.
- Willingness to support critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations.
- Necessary responsiveness will require certain special considerations, such as extended overnight travel, nights and weekends, rotational hours of work, and on-call status.
- Be honest, act with integrity, and keep the conversation focused on helping and nurturing children.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Case Management, Child Care, Education, or any related field OR four (4) years of experience in a professional setting
- Minimum of 2 years of professional, volunteer or intern experience in the field of security, law, social work, teaching, detention, corrections or related field
- Ability to comprehend and speak (both) Spanish and English fluently
- Valid driver’s License
- Have resided in the U.S for at least three (3) of the last five (5) years
- MUST BE local to San Antonio, TX area
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
- Favorable credit check
- Active security clearance is preferred
- Ability to deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
These requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
- Paid training, fun, talented and driven teammates
- Knowledgeable, encouraging and present leadership
- A diverse and community-minded organization
- Career growth and learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- A competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
If you have what it takes, apply now!!