Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3 (F/18)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Performs a variety of Depot Level operations to assemble and repair major aircraft structures such as fuselage panels, longerons, stringers, formers, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers. Aligns parts on jigs using templates and fixtures. Performs such part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Plans, lay's out, fabricates, assembles, install and repairs both internal and external aircraft structures at the Depot level.
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 4 years experience.
Must have a minimum of an interim Secret Clearance to start. Must be able to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
· Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
· Able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, protractors, and calipers, etc.
· Able to use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburrers, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
· Able to assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening.
· Able to perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies.
· Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
· Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
· Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment. Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
· Order parts, check stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
· Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations concerning health and safety, tool control, contracts, facilities and other pertinent coverages.
· Performs other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
Close tolerance drilling and cold working experience is required.
F/A - 18 aircraft structural mechanic experience at Depot Level
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.