Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst
at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
To be considered for employment opportunities at RBFCU, all application fields must be completed.
Please enter your name and address in proper case format when completing the job application.
Proper: John Examples, 123 Example Street
Improper: JOHN EXAMPLES, john examples, 123 example street, 123 EXAMPLE STREET
Job Description and Requirements
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Define scope and objectives for assigned projects by collaborating with business units, end users, IT colleagues, vendors and management as necessary. Gather detailed end user requirements, assess need for any system integrations and research available technologies. Present proposed solutions to business stakeholders and management. Provide written specifications for each project.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for one or more assigned business units and as a technical resource and mentor for peer analysts. Provide guidance, analysis and process expertise as necessary.
- Participate in design review meetings to ensure design will result in robust, secure and reliable applications in alignment with organizational goals.
- Respond to escalated user trouble tickets and facilitate quick and efficient resolution to end user issues.
- Prepare written recommendations in response to business unit-requested system changes to product configuration, user permissions and system processing variables, after appropriate research and testing.
- Perform fully tested and approved production changes for complex or high-impact core system updates such as product configuration, user permissions, and system processing variables.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing as needed.
- Maintain required documentation of project approvals and implementations and create technical documentation and reference guides as regular project output. Also perform review of peer analysts' documentation.
- Assist in project management by providing time estimates of project tasks assigned, reporting any changes to the manager.
- Maintain relationships with core processing vendor and support teams. Also monitor vendor communications for information regarding upcoming system releases, updates, and fixes, and communicate these opportunities to the appropriate business units.
- All other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice).
- Some college/Associate's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Systems Analyst / Business Analyst role
- Minimum of 2 years experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management and Agile/Scrum methodology is required
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience in an IT or Business related field
- Minimum 3 years experience with Banking / Credit Union Software Applications
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Fiserv DNA Core Software Platform in a technical capacity
Skills and/or Certifications/Licensing:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, able to break down complex problems quickly
- Able to meet and set deadlines with changing priorities
- Strong communication & presentation skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of relational databases and Structured Query Language
- Proficient using the Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, etc.
- Technically proficient with RBFCU Core and Ancillary Systems preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Careers at RBFCU
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) is ranked among the top 15 of nearly 7,700 financial cooperatives, and is one of the strongest credit unions in the country with more than 800,000 members and total assets exceeding $9.2 billion.
Recognized for financial stability, our credit union consistently receives the highest ratings of "Five Star" and "Superior" from two respected organizations that rate financial institutions in the United States.
We have been consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in San Antonio, Austin, the state of Texas and the country.
RBFCU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with matching incentives up to 10 percent
- Medical, dental and vision from Day One of employment
- Life insurance
- Pharmacy discount programs
- Flexible spending/dependent care account options
We'd love to have you as part of our RBFCU family!