Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Web Development Manager
at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
To be considered for employment opportunities at RBFCU, all application fields must be completed.
Please enter your name and address in proper case format when completing the job application.
Proper: John Examples, 123 Example Street
Improper: JOHN EXAMPLES, john examples, 123 example street, 123 EXAMPLE STREET
Job Description and Requirements
The Web Development Manager is responsible for the vision, direction, leadership and administration of RBFCU’s Development team. Helps develop short and long term strategies to enhance development practices and methodologies. Provide leadership in building effective relationships with external/Internal business stakeholders and identify technology for consideration while ensuring that RBFCU web properties are developed and maintained in a way provides the highest quality product and an efficient and cost effective workflow.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation organizational enterprise information systems, software and mobile application development. Have a passion for learning and staying updated on emerging trends and technologies. Manage the Web development lead team and oversee concurrent, high-quality timely development of mission-critical applications and technology to support the RBFCU digital goals.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Participates in multiple projects and oversees staff to ensure that specifications are met on time and within budget. Demonstrated commitment to quality and the process of continuous improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with coworkers, and mentor/guide lead developers and team. Successfully lead other technical resources to complete a project.
- Evaluate/increase development effectiveness; Advise, counsel and educate on competitive or financial impact.
- Lead, organize and execute on web related projects from start to completion.
- Acquire and apply business knowledge (products, processes, etc.) and writing/editing knowledge to guide the development and implementation of key digital initiatives/projects.
- Approach business line problems with curiosity and open-mindedness and evaluate creative solutions.
- Demonstrate a willingness to experiment with new ideas and acceptable boundaries/budgets, and lead team to prioritize which ideas to pursue. Develop guidelines and journey mapping processes to guide development efforts and improve member experience.
- Sound knowledge of java & .net development, database, network, Spring MVC framework, architecture, web application.
- Knowledge in Cloud technologies & tools (AWS, Azure, GCP) will be preferred.
- All other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice).
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of job related work experience
- 3-5 years of job-related management experience
- Experience managing developers and extensive hands-on experience developing with Java, .net , C# HTML, XML, CSS, Java-script, Oracle and Linux/Unix.
- Working knowledge of one or more key mobile application technologies including Objective-C, Java, HTML5, Java-script, JQuery Mobile, Web services, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Agile.
- Experience mentoring other software developers.
- Familiar with scripting environments, automation, integration to multiple external services.
- Strong grasp of web technologies including network layers, data security and database design.
Skills and Certifications:
- Web Application concepts, Basic network understanding, Java and/or .net web development , RDBMS and Spring MVC framework.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Careers at RBFCU
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) is ranked among the top 15 of nearly 7,700 financial cooperatives, and is one of the strongest credit unions in the country with more than 800,000 members and total assets exceeding $9.2 billion.
Recognized for financial stability, our credit union consistently receives the highest ratings of "Five Star" and "Superior" from two respected organizations that rate financial institutions in the United States.
We have been consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in San Antonio, Austin, the state of Texas and the country.
RBFCU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with matching incentives up to 10 percent
- Medical, dental and vision from Day One of employment
- Life insurance
- Pharmacy discount programs
- Flexible spending/dependent care account options
We'd love to have you as part of our RBFCU family!