Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Home Equity Loan Processor
at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
To be considered for employment opportunities at RBFCU, all application fields must be completed.
Please enter your name and address in proper case format when completing the job application.
Proper: John Examples, 123 Example Street
Improper: JOHN EXAMPLES, john examples, 123 example street, 123 EXAMPLE STREET
Job Description and Requirements
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete introduction phone call and email to member in accordance with RBFCU Service Level Objective after receipt of file from the Loan Officer
- Update loan files within the loan origination system as necessary to ensure consistent processes of completed tasks assigned and milestone completion
- Review and analyze the credit application for credit worthiness in compliance with RBFCU policies, secondary market guidelines, and private mortgage insurance requirements.
- Obtains and reviews all documentation in conjunction with income, employment, and asset verification required by the approving mortgage loan underwriter
- Prepares the file for underwriter review and decision. Complete all tasks and responsibilities required to clear the approval conditions as determined by the mortgage loan underwriter.
- Determine if any additional information is needed from member to successfully process the loan, order updated credit reports when necessary, order appraisals through 3rd party appraisal management company, order title commitments and/or title searches, request survey quotes from surveyors, source large deposits, complete verification of employment, complete verification of mortgage and update loan origination system with appropriate data when informed and/or forms are returned
- Serve as contact for members, sellers, realtors and title companies that are involved in loan file; notifying and working with them to resolve any problems that may arise
- Provide support to members when disputing appraised values and/or discrepancies reported within the appraisal report
- Remain informed of all current aspects of Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union policies and guidelines and Federal Compliance Regulations that affect the processing of mortgage loans
- Manage all assigned loans in respective pipeline while working within stated timelines reported in real estate contracts as well as management established turnaround times.
- All other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice).
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 1-3 years of job related work experience
- Entry level understanding of Desktop Underwriter (DU), Federal Compliance Regulations, Ability to Repay (ATR)/Qualifying Mortgage (QM), Underwriting Guidelines and Appraisal Reviews
- Proficient computer and accurate typing skills
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers/members while using excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to problem solve and effectively self-manage
- Ability to process loans up to 15 + files on a re-occurring monthly basis with an average processing time of less than 25 days
Additional Skills and Licensing:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Must be eligible to be registered with the NMLS
- Must be eligible for bondability
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Preferred: Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status
Careers at RBFCU
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) is ranked among the top 15 of nearly 7,700 financial cooperatives, and is one of the strongest credit unions in the country with more than 800,000 members and total assets exceeding $9.2 billion.
Recognized for financial stability, our credit union consistently receives the highest ratings of "Five Star" and "Superior" from two respected organizations that rate financial institutions in the United States.
We have been consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in San Antonio, Austin, the state of Texas and the country.
RBFCU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with matching incentives up to 10 percent
- Medical, dental and vision from Day One of employment
- Life insurance
- Pharmacy discount programs
- Flexible spending/dependent care account options
We'd love to have you as part of our RBFCU family!