Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
To be considered for employment opportunities at RBFCU, all application fields must be completed.
Please enter your name and address in proper case format when completing the job application.
Proper: John Examples, 123 Example Street
Improper: JOHN EXAMPLES, john examples, 123 example street, 123 EXAMPLE STREET
Job Description and Requirements
The position will underwrite mortgage loans and home equity loans ensuring compliance with appropriate portfolio and/or secondary market guidelines. Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Analyze and assess loan information to render an unbiased lending decision for credit worthiness. Provide cross sell recommendations as warranted. Maintain service level agreement turn-times and refer loans outside of approving limits to management for approval. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Loan Application – Review for accuracy and completeness. Provide Loan Officers and Processors feedback for training purposes.
- Title – Review title commitments/searches to ensure vesting matches the loan.
- Credit Analysis – Analyze the borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt. This includes review of credit reports, income verification, tax return analysis and consideration of other compensating factors.
- Appraisal - Evaluate appraisal or other valuation methodology to determine suitability for loan collateral. Assist with resolving appraisal review concerns when warranted.
- Compliance – Ensure all fair lending and mortgage regulatory policies are followed.
- Some College/Associate's Degree
- 1-3 years of job related work experience
- Capable and experienced in manual credit risk evaluation
- Proficient analytical skills and mortgage lending regulation knowledge
- Strong organizational skills to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing coaching and feedback to ensure loan quality.
- Demonstrated experience in real estate lending regulations including but not limited to TILA, RESPA, HMDA, ECOA and Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Working knowledge of Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriting and PMI underwriting guidelines.
- Home Equity Lending experience
- Underwriter must be capable and experienced in manual credit risk evaluation.
- All other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice).
- Must be eligible to be bonded
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Underwriting designations such as CRU, ARU, DE or SAR
- Experience with Encompass LOS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Careers at RBFCU
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) is ranked among the top 15 of nearly 7,700 financial cooperatives, and is one of the strongest credit unions in the country with more than 800,000 members and total assets exceeding $9.2 billion.
Recognized for financial stability, our credit union consistently receives the highest ratings of "Five Star" and "Superior" from two respected organizations that rate financial institutions in the United States.
We have been consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in San Antonio, Austin, the state of Texas and the country.
RBFCU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with matching incentives up to 10 percent
- Medical, dental and vision from Day One of employment
- Life insurance
- Pharmacy discount programs
- Flexible spending/dependent care account options
We'd love to have you as part of our RBFCU family!